So I don't tend to blog about my personal life, but I have made a new discovery in my life - Being in Love.
Love is not a fairy tale! Disney Corporation has made millions making little girls believe that someday Prince Charming will come and sweep you off your feet and everyone will live happily ever after. There comes a point in every relationship where it's not easy. You have to work for your Ever After...
But before we get to Disney, how do we know we're in love?
I have fancied myself in love before - but love was never the right word. I concluded that the correct term was very deep like. If it had been love I wouldn't have been able to recover from the hurt and heartache.
I discovered what the difference between deep like and love is - at least for me. When I fancied myself in love I saw the potential for a future, with really being in love - not only is there the potential - it's what I want from that relationship. I don't know what the future holds, but I know what I want to work towards with in my current relationship.
The key is work. Disney portrays that once you overcome one conflict (the only conflict in the entire story) the rest is peachie. This is not the case, I have heard my parents tell stories where their marriage might not have made it. I think every marriage has a story (or a few stories) where it would have been easier to walk away.
I am so thankful that my parents worked out the issues they had - and continue to do so. They have showed me what Love really is. It's not a feeling, it's not an emotion, it is verb. It is an action, it requires work.
Now, myself in love, I am going in knowing it is not always going to be easy, but it will be worth fighting for. Worth working on, and putting that energy into to make it work. If it's really love - and not just deep like - it will be worth the work.
No comments:
Post a Comment