…He has Risen indeed! Alleluia!
♪Christ is risen, Alleluia, risen triumph o’er the grave! ♪
What an amazing day this is! (Despite the cold rainy weather that we had here today.) It’s Easter Sunday!
♪Our triumphant holy day, Alleluia! ♪
Today we celebrate that death has no hold over us. For every sin on him was lain, and when He over came death He over cam our sin.
Alleluia, alleluia, alleluia!! What a joy to say that word again!
~*~*~*~
Holy Week started with church at Bethlehem, where I’ve been going since getting back from Guatemala. Palm Sunday, the celebration with one foot firmly in the day watching Christ ride in on a donkey, and one foot headed to the cross. It’s a happy day, but it is a somber day.
Thursday was the Seder, again at Bethlehem. I was disappointed that I could not go to the one at the LSC due to class – but I was able to go for a Seder lunch. It’s a very interesting feeling, having the Seder as a Christian. The symbolism is different.
Friday again started at Bethlehem. The traditional tenebre service, or service of the shadows. (Check my spelling on that) We take the long walk to the cross. Then my friends and I went to a less traditional Good Friday service at Nazareth. I liked them both, but I believe that I prefer the more traditional. I have to say that some of my favorite hymns are sung only on Good Friday though. O Sacred Head Now Wounded, Were You There? Very powerful reminders of what Good Friday represents.
Saturday, while having nothing church related to do, I was able to voyage for a class. My Earth History class traveled to the fossil preserve. Where we were able to look at some amazing fossils. (Something that might only be exciting to Nerds like me.) But the trip made for a long day. I was ready for sleep when I got back.
I had a good Resurrection Day, I spent it with part of my Guaté family. Sunrise service at Bethlehem had a covering of clouds. Followed by church at Naz with my friend (Matt), his fiancée (Kelly), and his father. Then back to Bethlehem for yet another church service. The sermon at both of the Bethlehem services was a poem; The Tale of Three Trees. (http://members.aol.com/amssound/private/3trees.htm) It made me tear up. Each service was so very different that I liked them all. Afterwards I had Easter Dinner with Kelly and her family. It is so very nice to have been adopted by these people.
Now back to the schoolwork that must be done before this year is finished (Yikes)!
~*~*~*~
No comments:
Post a Comment