The event was a blast! There was much garb wearing, boffing and learning new things for me. I was amazed at the turnout. We had at least 30 people at our event all day, plus people coming and going.
I’ve been going to Bethlehem Lutheran on Sundays since I’ve been back from Guatemala. This past Sunday was no exception. Then after church I went to SCA fighter practice. I think that next time I’m going to start to train to be a fighter. (woohoo) me and Nyla fighting…it’s gunna be hilarious! But due to watching fighter practice I missed my physics homework session (whoops).
The rest of Sunday was dedicated to the study of amino acids from meteorites and writing a paper on the topic. Woo!
Monday was classes and more work on the paper. Today, I’m taking it easy.


~*~*~*~*~*~
THOUGHTS
~*~*~*~
"Mirror"
Mirror, Mirror on the wall, Have I got it?
'Cause Mirror you've always told me who I am
I'm finding it's not easy to be perfect
So sorry you won't define me
Sorry you don't own me
Who are you to tell me
That I'm less than what I should be?
Who are you? Who are you?
I don't need to listen
To the list of things I should do
I won't try, I won't try
Mirror I am seeing a new reflection
I'm looking into the eyes of He who made me
And to Him I have beauty beyond compare
I know He defines me
Who are you to tell me
That I'm less than what I should be?
Who are you? Who are you?
I don't need to listen
To the list of things I should do
I won't try, I won't try
You don't define me, you don't define me
~*~*~*~*~*~
With that song in mind I’ve been thinking a lot about what I allow to define me. Do I allow things of this Earth to define me? The answer to that is yes. I allow the people and places and things I do to define me. I allow people to form my opinion of myself for me. As much as I say I don’t allow people to tell me who I am, I create my judgments of myself based on other people.
How often do I look and see how God defines me? Not often enough. My true worth is the worth that I am given from my Father in Heaven. It is not the worth that I have been given by men. To God I am the most beautiful thing, as are all of my brothers and sisters. To God we, his children, are so beautiful there is nothing to compare us to.
So I don’t need to listen to that list that the world puts before me to do. I don’t need the mirror to tell me who I am. I am perfect to God! AMEN!!
How often do I look and see how God defines me? Not often enough. My true worth is the worth that I am given from my Father in Heaven. It is not the worth that I have been given by men. To God I am the most beautiful thing, as are all of my brothers and sisters. To God we, his children, are so beautiful there is nothing to compare us to.
So I don’t need to listen to that list that the world puts before me to do. I don’t need the mirror to tell me who I am. I am perfect to God! AMEN!!
No comments:
Post a Comment