May 30, 2006

oh boy....

One more entry while I still have access to the internet.

Class is over this Friday. Woohoo!! Then it’s off to Boy Scout camp with me – oh boy. I’m really excited and very nervous at the same time. This is going to be so different from Camp Shalom – which up to this point has been my only experience with a summer camp (well other then day camps which is a TOTALLY different story).

But I need this. After this year – with physics and a few social life issues – I really need to get far away from everything that I know and am comfortable with. I’ve had a lot of time to stew over things this month that had I been home and working or had less down time would have been some of the furthest issues from my mind. Memories that need to be deleted from my mind – yet I can’t do that. A bridge that I need to burn and forget about – yet somehow have been unable to. I can be a bitch, I can be evil – my friends can tell you this – yet I have a problem being totally uncompassionate. I’m an uplifter – I hate being negative and despite the fact that I have this one area where I should to be – or at least put my foot down – I really can’t. *sigh* Sometimes I really curse my personality. *insert request for prayers here*

Something that I’ve started thinking about is life after UNI – my days here are becoming numbered. The thought of the real world scares me like you wouldn’t believe – yet I’m beginning to feel its call. I’ve been praying a lot about this idea that’s been planted in my head while I was in Guatemala – taking a year off after I graduate and do mission work through the ELCA. I am really beginning to feel that this might be something I’m being called to do. Talk about something that never in my wildest dreams I imagined I’d be doing before Guate. *inserts another request for prayers here*

Other then that life is good – had a lot of special people graduate high school this year. Among them being my brother. He and I get along better now then we did three years ago. Hopefully this trend continues to improve now that we’re both out of the house. Another one that graduated is my cousin Laurel – a year early non the less – good luck next year girlie! Two more important people Thomas – who I’ve grown up with and is like family. And Miss Sarah N_r whom I am absolutely impressed with. You Best of luck to you both!

I have friends that seem to be having similar issues with the future as I am – I want you to know that you are in my prayers – because that is the only way I know to help. I love you all!!

Shalom and may God bless you richly!

No comments: