January 5, 2008

Life and Basketball

Wow, I can't believe I actually did it! I graduated!! Well, kinda, I still have a semester of student teaching left. It's been nice to be on break. To totally not think about school - well only long enough to check my grades.


It's my last weekend of 'freedom'. Tuesday I start student teaching. I am nervous excited about the whole ordeal. Nervous because I don't know what to expect; excited because I'm determined to have fun with it.


But what have I done and am I doing with this last bit of not having a schedule? Lots of stuff...


Mom, Dad, and I have worked hard creating a studio apartment in the basement of my parents' house. I have a 'little' space to call my own. This really is an improvement to the little bedroom I have upstairs, and this way I am still on my own.


I've discovered that I'm not a total waste as a gamer - I just prefer rpg's to games like halo and other games. Thing 2 has a game called 'Oblivion' for his 360 and I actually don't suck. (This amazes me).


I'm ready to have a schedule again. I think it's time. I'm playing xbox for crying out loud.


I've seen a lot of bball games. With both brothers playing hard, there's a lot of games to choose from. I watched the dear Bulldogs take their first loss of the season. That was a really hard game to watch. I've yet to see Thing 1 win a game in his college career. However, I've only seen three ever so, hopefully that trend will change as I am able to go to more games.


I've noticed this about myself, I don't like sports unless my brothers are playing them. I didn't know squat about basketball until my sophomore year of college, when Thing 1 made it to the state tourney. So, with both brothers on very competitive teams, I've started to learn a lot more about basketball. I don't know how this relates to me or life in general... only to my interest level and what determines it.


--
"Do not be limited in your life by the technology of your observation methods Remember... microscopic life existed long before the microscope was invented!"

No comments: