Not on your life!!
I have a few cupboards in my classroom that I have a general idea of what's in them - but haven't dug deep enough into them to find out the dark truth of the matter. I have a vague idea what I want to do on Monday... but the copy machine is backed up until sometime next year (it's not that bad, but I won't get things copied for the first day) I'd be pulling out my hair if I could just get one hand free...
I seem to have chosen the school that OPS has forgotten... we are about 5 years behind in technology... All I am given for technology is a computer that is running Windows 2000 pro, an overhead projector (not an LCD projector... so no powerpoints), and a chalkboard. The hope for our school is that every teacher will have a laptop by the end of the year... (good luck says the teachers).
However I am finally feeling a sense of ownership of my classroom. Granted it's out of date (don't think the room has been remodeled since the school was built in the late 60's early 70's) but it has all the essentials. My fellow first year science teachers and I took a belt sander to our wooden desks to remove all the profanity and gang signs on them. (There is a before and after picture below) Yesterday we had an open house. I managed to get one coat of sealant on before I had to change into my dressy clothes, then got the second coat on after. Today I finished the class setup, and tomorrow is my final cleaning/setup for the first day.
I'm going to put pictures of my classroom here, but if you came from facebook you've already seen them.





No comments:
Post a Comment