So, I’ve got 2 weeks under my belt. I still think I am as prepared as I was to begin with… I need to start writing the formal versions of my lesson plans – with the standards they meet and everything else… that is going to be a blast!
But not to be all Debbie Downer, I am falling in love with teaching the little ‘monsters’ I get to call my students. It hasn’t been easy, but I’m getting the hang of it. It’s the little victories that make me the happiest…
The past two weeks have both flown by and gone way to slow. Here looking back I wonder where they went, but while I was teaching them I was freaking out about how slow they were going. I think that’s normal for the passage of time, however. Semesters at UNI were always like that. I had classes that took forever! Weeks that would drag by. But before I knew it – it was time for finals. Every semester I was ‘Woah we’re here already??’ I have a feeling that’s where I’ll be with this year. Then it stops being so much day to day, I’ll have an idea what I’m supposed to be teaching (well more so than I do now) and will be able to plan weeks, months out a head of time.
I was talking to my friend Jess this weekend, and we discussed my wavering opinion about if I am supposed to really be in the classroom. The conclusion I have come to is that right now – I am where I need to be. And when I doubt all I have to do is look at the quote on my wall…
“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be” Douglas Adams
That’s all for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment