November 23, 2008

SINGLE??

I saw that sign as I drove home from church this morning… It was for a local dating company – but it got me thinking (truth be told it made me angry).

WHY IS IT SO WRONG TO BE SINGLE?!?!

It seems that everywhere you go these days you’re expected to have at least a date if not a significant other. If you don’t there’s something wrong with you. Why is that the society we live in?

I’ve been made to feel that I’m abnormal because I’m not dating right now. I have several reasons for not dating right now. Ask me any time and I’ll spell them out for you.

But my beef is with society. Listen up!

Singleness is not an illness, it does not need to be ‘cured’!

  1. Singles are not ‘lacking’ something!
  2. Singleness is a GIFT! I will never be as free to do the work of God’s kingdom as I am right now.
  3. Yes, singles are sensitive about being so – but only because there is so much pressure to be coupled up.
  4. This is the time to practice being a Brother or Sister in Christ.
  5. When God sees fit to bring the right person into my life – then I will switch hats into the realm of ‘Couplehood’ but it’s in God’s timing – not yours or mine.
  6. So, until that time - please back off about 'Mr. Right' being slow.

No comments: