Something I discovered about teaching is that sometimes the weeks that you teach the fewest days are the weeks that seem to drag, or are the most emotionally taxing.
Last week - three teaching days. But there was the stress of preparing for student conferences... two of the LONGEST days of the year. the kids had Thursday half day then no school on Friday.
This week - we had the holiday on Monday, meetings on Tuesday, and three teaching days. Meeting on Tuesday we discussed the budget - or how OPS is going to be short $7 million next year... so no new positions will be created. This causes the stress of how are we going to set up the staff next year. Then the kids coming off a 5 day weekend were absolutely BONKERS!! I nearly chopped off my own head to save what little remained of my sanity. Seriously it's only Wednesday?!?! This does not bode well for the remaining two days. I have after school meeting tomorrow... then Friday... I think I'll make it, but I don't know if my sanity will.
On the flip side - I've been talking with a friend of mine. I am pretty sure that come this summer I will be moving in with a roommate!! YAAY!! I never thought I'd say that I dodn't like living alone... but living alone is very lonely!
That's all I've got for now. My friends are going skiing this weekend in Colorado - and I'm praying that none of them break their leg! I think a friend and I are getting together for a sci-fi weekend... Should be a GREAT time. Let's just make it through this week!!
Shalom and God Bless!
Skits!
No comments:
Post a Comment