February 2, 2009

An Evening With the "Brothers"

I love that my Bible Study has all sorts of people in it! And I have to say that I am a pretty lucky girl to have so many Brothers in Christ.

I met one of these brothers my first night at GAMe, he pestered me to go to Old Chicago with a group of them. It took three months of prodding to get me to go, but I finally went. I had fun (go figure, right?)

Last night was my second time at the OC, and I had been feeling a little down. The week was not starting well, I was having troubles with my kids (students) and my seasonal depression that I seem to get every year has started to set in. I had felt out of place at GAMe that evening. I wasn't even sure I wanted to go to OC, but I knew I didn't want to go home.

After saying I'd go if someone bought me my rootbeer, I tagged along. The guys knew I was struggling - they made me laugh. I didn't think I could smile that much considering the mood I was in. They were sincere in their concern for my well being. Before they allowed me to go home (because I really needed to sleep) they prayed for me - in the middle of Old Chicago. I don't really have words to express how amazing that was.

So from the bottom of my heart I want to thank my brothers!! Know that I appreceate you so very much!

No comments: