I've been around a lot of people recently that have pedometers. I was amused when they told me they were able to take x amount of steps or they walked 2 miles that day rather than their 1.5 they normally get in. (I know a lot of people with desk jobs.)
I can't help but laugh, I mean I'm on my feet all day - constantly moving. In fact I'm on plan right now and I keep being interrupted from my thinking by remembering school things to do, walking around my classroom to accomplish a task and returning to the laptop - which is also on a stand so I have to stand up to type... and I can't stand still....
So how many miles do I walk in a normal day. 3... 4... 5...? I broke down and bought a pedometer...
So, over the next few weeks I am going to be keeping track of how many steps I take in a normal day. Starting at about 5:30 am until I put my pajamas on. I started today, I will try and have a weekly chart of miles and steps walked. I dare all of my non teaching friends to keep up with me ;-)
I'll post the chart tonight - so far today 3.88 miles in 8,229 steps... and there's still school time left.
No comments:
Post a Comment