August 28, 2010

Other People's Kids Are Great

I love some of the things kids say. Even if it takes a long time to understand that they said it.

Dan has a friend that for a while now every time he (or his wife) sees me with out Dan at my side he asks me "Where's your husband?" Or I'll hear them tell Dan to do something for me like "go help your wife," or "give your wife some skittles."

I am not going to lie - I was very confused. This started before Dan and I had ever talked about marriage - even in a semi-joking manner. It got to the point where I wondered if they had some heads up or something.

Today I learned why. Their five year old daughter has been calling me "Dan's wife" for about as long as they've been referring to me in that way. I nearly busted out laughing!! Kids are funny creatures sometimes.

No comments: