October 22, 2010

Time Flies and Leaves fall

It’s been a month since I’ve written. I’ve been crazy busy with school and life.

Dan and I have become involved with a Missional Community through Coram Deo. We really enjoy our church, it has been a great fit for both of us. It’s kinda funny but one of my students goes there as well, I wonder what she thinks about that. 

It is conference time again. I love   how the kids don’t think they need to show up to “STUDENT LEAD CONFERENCES” I mean really – Come on! There is so much prep work that goes into these stupid conferences and then the wonderful children don’t show up to tell their parents why they are failing. Or not failing… I mean I do have SOME students that are passing. (Actually I have more passing than failing)
Today is Dan and my “baker’s year” anniversary (yes, we’re goobers). We’ve been dating for 13 months, and it is beginning to feel like I’ve never really dated anyone else. The more time I spend with this man, the more I love him. He takes such good care of me. Just being around him makes me feel better. 

I’ve been knitting like crazy! Hope to have acceptable Christmas gifts made by then. This is an achievable goal, since I have DRASTICALLY scaled back what I thought I would make. I don’t count this as a failure, the whole being a process knitter rather than a product knitter thing. I’ve learned some new skills (like felting, and Entreloc). My Ravelry page is growing rather large with projects I want to try. 

Dan and I have some wonderful friends visiting this weekend, Scott and Emily. Aside from the massive project of cleaning my apartment we’re really excited to have them stay with us. (By “us” I mean that they’re hanging out with both of us and staying at my place since Dan doesn’t have a place for them to stay at his apartment, even though he’s the one that invited them…but that is another story)

Next weekend my parents are coming, which means more cleaning… woohoo… Oh well, with as busy as I am going to be with conferences and all that prep work I don’t think I will have too much time to get my apartment too messy. (Famous last words…)

I think that is all that I have for an update.
Adios Amoebas!

No comments: