October 24, 2010

Engagement Story

The ring on my hand.


The evening started like many of our “monthaversaries.”  I got myself dolled up and looking pretty.  Dan met up with the Baker’s, who we were going on a double date with, and directed them to my apartment.  Dan and Dave made the ladies dinner – Chicken Marsala, which was very tasty.  We played Pictionary while waiting for our friends Scott and Emily to show up from South Dakota. 

Once they got here we headed down to the Old Market area of Omaha for some Maggie Moo’s and a walk around ConAgra Park.  At Maggie Moo’s we ran into a lot of our friends. (Keith and Micah, Jen and Phil, Jen and Brad, Emily, and Steve)  All of us eating our ice cream, Dan started to get kinda antsy to go for the walk part of our date, so the ENTIRE crew “decided” to walk down to the park with us.  I just thought, “This is fun, a huge group of friends to celebrate with us!”  Little did I know…  

We got near the lake at the park Brad stops the group and pulls out a box and gets on one knee to “ask” Jen to marry him. Jen said, “No, it’s too soon.”  To this Brad replied, “Oh, okay.”  As Brad was attempting to put the box back in his pocket, Dan went up to Brad and said, “Hey if you’re not going to need this…” and takes the box from Brad, gets down on one knee, and asks me if I would marry him.  

I didn’t know if he was serious or not.  Dan has been silly with jewelry boxes before – but this one actually had a ring in it.  The words out of my mouth at first were, “are you serious?”  After I was sure he was I managed to squeak out a yes! 

Day after the engagement. Celebrating at Cheesecake Factory.

No comments: