So, I haven't been posting my "something positive" every day, but I have been trying to make note of the positive things in my life - specifically regarding my kiddos.
Now to set the record straight there are probably about 85-90% of my kiddos that have never given me reason to complain. So my bad attitude towards some of my students is directed at a vast minority of them. I feel so bad for those kiddos that have classmates that delight in getting under my skin, and then have to feel the ugliness that is my loud yelling/ranting voice.
And while I hate to "lower the bar" for my resolution, I want it to be a resolution I can meet. And also, sometimes you have to look back to see the positive moments. It is very difficult sometimes to see the positive of a situation while you are living it. (Case and point, nearly a year after the broken engagement I can see mountains of blessings that I didn't nor would I have been able to see in the days after the event.) This is also an attempt to help me to begin journaling again. I will need to find at least three positive events/things every week. If I journal daily, I should be able to come up with 3 things each week. Then I can post them here, or to Twitter, or to Facebook.
That is the goal, let's hope I have more stick-to-itiveness for this than I do for my knitting...
Now to set the record straight there are probably about 85-90% of my kiddos that have never given me reason to complain. So my bad attitude towards some of my students is directed at a vast minority of them. I feel so bad for those kiddos that have classmates that delight in getting under my skin, and then have to feel the ugliness that is my loud yelling/ranting voice.
And while I hate to "lower the bar" for my resolution, I want it to be a resolution I can meet. And also, sometimes you have to look back to see the positive moments. It is very difficult sometimes to see the positive of a situation while you are living it. (Case and point, nearly a year after the broken engagement I can see mountains of blessings that I didn't nor would I have been able to see in the days after the event.) This is also an attempt to help me to begin journaling again. I will need to find at least three positive events/things every week. If I journal daily, I should be able to come up with 3 things each week. Then I can post them here, or to Twitter, or to Facebook.
That is the goal, let's hope I have more stick-to-itiveness for this than I do for my knitting...
No comments:
Post a Comment