Okay, I thought facebook was addicting!! Then I got a Pinterest account. Holy Zarquon Singing Fish!! It's like meth for people that like to look at things on the internet.
It started innocently enough, then again most addictions do. Some things I was eying on ThinkGeek.com or KintPicks.com found their way to my first boards. Then sewing patters that I would like to make. Then foods I think would be fun to try and make.
Then it grew, house designs for my "dream house", color swatches to paint rooms, and books I've read and want to read. Before I know it I've lost an hour "pinning" things to my boards.
It continues to grow, if I'm browsing the internet and I find a cardigan that I want to compare to another then I will post them both to Pinterest to see how others respond.
I can go through periods where I don't pin anything, those are called "Kristin is too freaking busy with real life to pin anything" times. But, my life calms down, and I find something on the internet that I think is interesting, and I' back pinning again. It is seriously like crack for people who like to look at things on the internet. I don't know how to save people from it. Now if you excuse me, there's this very lovely alpaca yarn that I really must save so I can find it later when I'm allowed to buy yarn again.
It started innocently enough, then again most addictions do. Some things I was eying on ThinkGeek.com or KintPicks.com found their way to my first boards. Then sewing patters that I would like to make. Then foods I think would be fun to try and make.
Then it grew, house designs for my "dream house", color swatches to paint rooms, and books I've read and want to read. Before I know it I've lost an hour "pinning" things to my boards.
It continues to grow, if I'm browsing the internet and I find a cardigan that I want to compare to another then I will post them both to Pinterest to see how others respond.
I can go through periods where I don't pin anything, those are called "Kristin is too freaking busy with real life to pin anything" times. But, my life calms down, and I find something on the internet that I think is interesting, and I' back pinning again. It is seriously like crack for people who like to look at things on the internet. I don't know how to save people from it. Now if you excuse me, there's this very lovely alpaca yarn that I really must save so I can find it later when I'm allowed to buy yarn again.
No comments:
Post a Comment