Well, I've kept up the tradition - this is the fourth school year of four that I have lost my voice. Funny thing too - it almost always happens around spring conferences...
And I know the fact that I had a cold is the major thing that caused me to lose my voice - but some other factors might include:
In other news there is only 3 weeks until my spring break, and I am totally looking forward to visiting my cousin Erin and celebrating my nephew Henry's first birthday!! (As well as sewing with my mom, and hanging out back home - they've just opened a new yarn store in the QC!! Can't wait to see it!)
DFTBA!! (For those in the know :) )
And I know the fact that I had a cold is the major thing that caused me to lose my voice - but some other factors might include:
- The fact that we had two short weeks in a row makes the students a little more crazy - thus my need to redirect them more. Which usually leads to me raising my voice more. This leads to more strain on my already sick vocal cords.
- Lots of talking at conferences. Necessary, yes, but still a large strain on my voice. Not that I'm yelling at conferences, just that I am talking more than my voice is used to.
- I read somewhere, back in college I believe, there was this saying: Work, Sleep, Have a Social Life - Choose two of the three. When conference time rolls around I spend a lot more time doing work and try to maintain my level of socialness - leaving a lot less time for sleep. So, I've been sleep deprived for about the last two weeks. I know that can't help.
In other news there is only 3 weeks until my spring break, and I am totally looking forward to visiting my cousin Erin and celebrating my nephew Henry's first birthday!! (As well as sewing with my mom, and hanging out back home - they've just opened a new yarn store in the QC!! Can't wait to see it!)
DFTBA!! (For those in the know :) )
No comments:
Post a Comment