May 23, 2012

My Five Summer Goals

Well, I defeated the monstrous dust bunnies that have been mutating in my classroom for the course of the school year.  It is now summer vacation - or as near to it as a teacher starting her masters program can get. That being said I want to set some goals for myself this summer, and if you, dear reader, are interested, I would like your assistance in being held accountable.

Goal #1: Take time daily to read.  I realize that with starting my masters this summer I will be doing very little else.  But, with this goal I am focusing on continuing to stay on track with my daily Bible readings.  Last summer, despite working at a Bible Camp, I got really behind on my personal daily time.  I don't want to do that again. (At my current rate it will take me a year and a half to complete a one year program...)

Goal #2: Be more active.  I need to be outside more, and walk a lot more.  Especially since I am going to be cramped in classes for a lot of June.  Last summer I was outside the entire time, walking EVERYWHERE.  I didn't lose weight, but I felt healthier.  I have a Nebraska State Parks pass for the season, so I can take people out to the parks to go hiking, among other things.  However, I need to make sure that I'm not sitting on my bum all day every day this summer. 

Goal #3: Eat more fresh green things.  This summer I will be in charge of my diet, so I want to eat healthier things for my body.  Plus, my classes are all day, so I will be packing a lunch or going out to lunch a lot. (Probably more the former) Summer time there is an abundance of fresh fruits and veggies. Since I know I will be spending a lot of time sitting, meals with a lot of green will be significantly better for me than anything else.

Goal #4: Finish three knitting projects.  I'm not talking about the piddly no-brainer projects like dishcloths (I can turn one of those out in the course of a good movie I've seen once before) I'm talking about my projects that have been half finished for a long period of time.  It is time for some serious stash cleaning!

Goal #5: Clean out the spare room.  No, I don't have a wardrobe that opens to a magical land.  What I have is a lot of stuff - and it's just that - STUFF.  It takes up space, I clearly don't need it for anything. So, why can't I part with it?  This goal will probably be the most time consuming, and the one I need the most accountability with.

So, here on my first official day of summer I post my goals.  I pledge to the best of my ability to stick with them for the entire summer. You have my permission to ask me how I am doing on my goals, and I encourage you to do so. 

No comments: