Thursday, November 29, 2012 is a new day etched permanently in my memory.
Many people know that November 28th is my birthday. And this year was my golden birthday – meaning I turned 28 on the 28th. On my birthday Nate gave me a blue box with a key on a blue ribbon. With the key came a note “My Dearest Kristin Rae, This is the key to the greatest adventure through time and space. Keep it on you for the forseeable future. Love, Nathaniel Lynn”
So, I kinda knew that a proposal would be coming soon. We had been talking about it for a while, so I knew we were planning on getting engaged and in the near future.
Since Dude was here on Wednesday we decided to go out for my birthday on the 29th. We got all dressed up and went to Upstream in the Old Market for dinner. Dinner was amazing – Upstream knows how to make a steak! And I recommend their Gouda and Beer soup!! Yum! But I digress…
After dinner we went out walking the Gene Leahy Mall – Nate was rather specific about the route he wanted to take, which was odd, usually we like to wander around. He guided me across the bridge and down to a walkway along the pond that takes up the center of the mall. There was a “tourist” taking pictures near where we were walking. Sitting on a rock wall was a little blue TARDIS. Nate said something cheesy like “Oh, look there’s a TARDIS.” To which I responded “Do I need my TARDIS key?” I open the box and it makes the VORP VORP sound of the TARDIS, I look inside and there is a note “Come along” (like The Doctor would say to Amy Pond) and I turn around and Nate is down on one knee with another blue box with a shiny, sparkly, GEORGOUS ring in it. I see camera flashes as I say “yes”
Nate had hired his high school friend to guard the TARDIS and take our pictures. After we walked back to his car we started calling parents.
Many people know that November 28th is my birthday. And this year was my golden birthday – meaning I turned 28 on the 28th. On my birthday Nate gave me a blue box with a key on a blue ribbon. With the key came a note “My Dearest Kristin Rae, This is the key to the greatest adventure through time and space. Keep it on you for the forseeable future. Love, Nathaniel Lynn”
So, I kinda knew that a proposal would be coming soon. We had been talking about it for a while, so I knew we were planning on getting engaged and in the near future.
Since Dude was here on Wednesday we decided to go out for my birthday on the 29th. We got all dressed up and went to Upstream in the Old Market for dinner. Dinner was amazing – Upstream knows how to make a steak! And I recommend their Gouda and Beer soup!! Yum! But I digress…
![]() |
| The ring on top of the Tardis |
![]() | |
| All the props... |


1 comment:
LOVE IT! Sounds absolutely perfect. In the words of your grandfather, "Adventure, or wild goose chase?" Trust me, definitely an adventure!!!
Post a Comment