HOLY CRAP IT’S COLD HERE IN IOWA!!! (If you’re from further north and are used to this weather please totally disregard this post.)
Tuesday and Wednesday this week were beautiful – I think that we got into the 60’s on Tuesday. Wednesday was more late march weather – then Thursday a snowstorm hit. It was rather windy and a little on the cold side (I think the high was 19 wind at about 10 mph and gusting to about 25). Today, however, I think we might have actually made it above freezing, but that is being really optimistic. The winds were above 20 mph gusting to who knows what, wind chills below -25! HOLY CRAP!! It hurts to breathe in that cold air, legs and anything not covered by a verra heavy winter coat are instantly covered in goose bumps. (And I know how to bundle up!)
The worst part about this weather is that it is required for students to be OUTSIDE IN IT! (Stupid University) None of my classes are in the same building – so I have to leave my dorm, trek to my first class, trek to my second class, trek all over this freaking campus, then finally trek back to my dorm. *fuck*
This begs the question – why are we having classes on a day like this one? Good gravy, students walking – most of them are so stupid they don’t know what a winter coat is – trekking from class to class like idiots because the university says “heh heh they can tough it out!” There should be a rule or university guideline saying that if the weather is ______ there will be no classes that day. Honestly, this bothers me that there is no rule for weather considerations. The last time the university closed was a few years back and that was because there was about two inches of ice on the ground – even then I think that they debated canceling everything.
The people that run this university are insane (or they’re from northern Minnesota). Either way a bunch of Iowans out in this weather are going to get frostbite or are going to fall over from this wind – they shouldn’t be out in it!!
Okay – I should quit before the keyboard falls apart from the pounding of my fingers. Enough ranting – enjoy the rest of your day.
No comments:
Post a Comment