July 5, 2006

camp camp camp

Well I'm home for a few days. I'm glad for the break. Don't get me wrong - the people I'm working with are great - but just like roommates I need some time away from them. I know that the break will do me good and that by the end I'll be glad to see them - I'll also be very sick of my brothers.

Camp has been great! Despite the 'difficult' scouts and one rather annoying dishwasher I've been enjoying myself. However, I haven't had a troop adopt me since the first week, which is a little sad, but I'll get over it. A rather pathetic side note - I have shown up the entire pool staff as far as aquatic skills - and they're training people to be lifeguards *cowers in the corner*

And yet - in the face of all the things I have found to complain about - I'm really considering going back next year. It's also got me interested into looking into Venture Scouting (since I am now a Venture Scout). This summer has put a lot on my mind - it has also put a lot of worries to rest. Each week I've gotten comment from scout masters about making a good teacher some day.

Other then that - nothing too exciting here. Working for my dad and babysitting the neighbors. There is also the possibility of going to Shalom to see the staff talent show. That should keep me busy until I go back to camp.

Ok off to bed with me!
SHALOM!

No comments: