So today is Ash Wednesday. The official beginning of Lent, as a Lutheran I don't have to give something up - but I wanted to use this time to grow closer to God and what better way to do that then to give up one of the biggest time sucks in my life - facebook. I deactivated my account this morning (friends and family don't freak out I am still alive).
I was thinking about what I would miss about being on facebook - the ease of keeping tabs on my friends, the commenting on pictures... the leaving sappy notes on my boyfriend's wall. But it is a commitment I think I can make - as difficult as it will be.
This got me thinking about the time in the Church calendar that is called Lent - and why it seems to be one of my favorites... Maybe I'm just morbid... But I am going to meditate on why I like this season over these next 40 days. I am also going to meditate on how life is different with out facebook.
No comments:
Post a Comment