It seems that the last month of school is always a crazy one. Once CRT's are done (or even before they are) the students totally tune out. To get them to focus is like pulling teeth. I think that the things we talk about after CRT's are finished are a lot more interesting than the things we talk about before. Maybe that's because I get to choose... But May is over and I haven't had time to sit down and rant about anything.
Life has drastically slowed down now that I am on summer vacation. Almost too drastically. I don't have enough to do, so I get bored. Dan has an internship this summer which keeps him busy, and means I don't get to see him during the day. I wish I had a yard to work in, a garden to work on... oh well.
I found out that my totally amazing roommate is moving out to be closer to her family. She lives a good 16 hours from them, so I understand. (Heck, I live less than 5 hours and I'd love to be closer to mine.) But this leaves me in a tough situation, I need a new roommate or a place to move in. I don't want to live by myself again. I have family that may not understand, but I have two major reasons why.
First I love having someone to talk to. I love my alone time, but living by myself means I would have way too much alone time. I remember how lonely I felt my first year in Omaha. Even after I made some great friends, I was still very lonely. I like having someone to share my day with, someone to say goodnight to before bed. It is very comforting to know that there is someone else in the house.
Second, I love the accountability that having a roommate provides. While I know that Dan respects my commitment to sexual purity until marriage, temptations do arise. And having another person around makes resisting that temptation easier. There are other temptations, not relating to boyfriends, that arise when living alone. Temptations to over eat, under eat, allow the apartment to get messy, sit on my backside and watch sappy movies, and the list goes on.
The search has not been easy. I trust that God will provide what I need, but I know He will not provide unless I ask and seek.
I think that is all I have to update on... More later.
No comments:
Post a Comment