I often wonder where the time goes. It seems like I am going to be bored to tears and then the summer is gone.
So, I am moving to my new place this weekend. I still haven't found a roommate, but have found a place that I could have a roommate move in with me that I can afford on my own. (Hooray!)
I have been busy with many things, TRAC camp, visiting family, hanging out with friends, and packing like a crazy woman.
The packing feels like slow going, but I am making progress. The kitchen is nearly packed, most of the bathroom is packed, my excess clothing is packed, I am slowly moving the packed stuff from the apartment to my garage to make for easier loading on Saturday.
Then came the monkey wrench... Dan's mom's birthday is Sunday. His sister thought it would be cool if they all could come out for the weekend. I got invited to go along, which would have been exciting (I didn't think I would be able to meet his family until Christmas), but I'm moving this weekend! They wanted us to come Saturday night. My family had already planned to come from the QC as well as my cousin from DSM to help me move... This had been planned for a few weeks or so... My family doesn't cope well with last minute changes to plans... This got thrown at me rather quickly and I didn't know how to react.
A little discussion and lots of prayers (keep those coming) later, we (hopefully) have rescheduled the trip out east for the following weekend. I really want to meet Dan's family, so I really want this to work!
That's the news from Lake Wobegon...
No comments:
Post a Comment