May 16, 2011

Joy and Despair

The count down is well under way.  All teachers (and students) everywhere are starting or have started the countdown to summer vacation.

This is where most teachers start bouncing between optimism and despair.  "Look we only have 4 days left." or, as recently stated by a co-worker "This is going to be the longest week ever."  Every teacher, I believe, has moments of both.

I personally tend on the optimism side of things, the Countdown To S.E.P. is one of the things I love about the end of the year - I mean, they are almost Somebody Else's Problem now.  I care about (most of) my kiddos, but, honestly, I am so ready to get a new batch in August and enjoy the time between now and then.

So, for now I raise my coffee cup (and Friday I'll raise a different glass) to teachers everywhere.  God bless you! Because you're not here for the pay, and yes, YOU HAVE EARNED YOUR BREAK!!

No comments: