April 7, 2012

My life - an update

Well, considering I haven't written anything since before spring break - here's a quick update.


Henry's Caterpillar Finished!!
Spring break started, and Sunday after I worked in children's I started towards home.  I stopped in Altoona to see my cousin RJ. We went on a bike ride and I stayed for pizza in their outdoor oven (yum!)  Then finished my way home.

Got lots of good quality time with mom while I was home.  Wasn't particularly productive - but I was on break.  I mostly needed to rest and shut my mind down for a while.  I did finish a knitting project, however.  I finished my present for my nephew for his first birthday.  A knitted caterpillar.  Probably the cutest thing I've ever made!

Towards the end of the week I drove up to see my cousin Erin.  It was good, I haven't seen her in a long time.  We spend the day walking around her town.  I knit a little bit and was introduced to a new yarn store.  I got to know Youssef a little bit.  All in all a good section of my "mini road trip" that I went on. 

Knitting in a cafe.  Silly Erin taking my picture.
COUSINS!!!
After spending the day with Erin and Youssef, I drove to see my best friend Sarah and her family.  I was so excited that I was able to attend Henry's first birthday!  I've seen this kid a grand total of three times since he was born.  I love being an aunt - even if it's not my biological nephew, I think I love him as much as I will love my brother's kids.  It's so fun to see little ones smile at you.  Even more-so when they are your dearest friend's little one.
My nephew!! How I love him!!
After the birthday party, I made the trip back to Mom and Dad's.  Sunday after church I made the journey home.  Since I've been home it's been school and crazy kids and church.  There's been the usual ups and downs and Godly providence.  Many days I've had to remember to lean into the source of all strength - or I would have probably given up.

Tomorrow is Easter!! I can't wait, my church is doing an outdoor service!! Many prayers are being answered - the weather looks like it's going to be beautiful!!!  Huge thanks go out to my co-worker for adopting me for the day (from my mother and from myself)!!

No comments: