There is a reason that God designed a day for us to rest. And I think until today I had forgotten that truth. I have made myself so crazy busy with school stuff and trying to control every area of my life, that I have forgotten to rest and spend time with God. I took today as a personal day, because I knew I was going crazy and had things I needed to get done and couldn't do them after school or on weekends. Just a bit of background - I hate sub planning because when it comes to the running of my classroom I totally idolize control. But today has been awesome for me. I got what I needed to get done finished, I got to get a few extra hours of sleep, and best of all I got to spend some real quality time reading and meditating on scripture as well as spend some quality time talking with Jesus. (I will probably have a blog up later about my meditations)
But this is probably the first personal day that I haven't spent worrying about if my kiddos are doing okay, if the sub is causing more confusion than helping them learn, or if my kiddos are totally attempting to destroy the sub. I totally enjoyed my Jesus time at Scooters - I love having a Scooters in walking distance! I love that I was able to have time to read, work through a study I'm doing on prayer, and not feel rushed! I try to read my bible every morning at work before I have kiddos - that means I get to read, but often don't take the time to meditate on what the Word is saying to me.
I feel like I am ready to face my students with a new energy on Monday - which recently has not been something I've felt. God is truly refreshing me today as I sabbath in Him. If the sun has reached a point where it's shining on my balcony I am off to sit there and continue processing through the passages I read this morning. If not, there's a sunny spot in my living room where I can do the same thing. God bless, and praying for you today!
But this is probably the first personal day that I haven't spent worrying about if my kiddos are doing okay, if the sub is causing more confusion than helping them learn, or if my kiddos are totally attempting to destroy the sub. I totally enjoyed my Jesus time at Scooters - I love having a Scooters in walking distance! I love that I was able to have time to read, work through a study I'm doing on prayer, and not feel rushed! I try to read my bible every morning at work before I have kiddos - that means I get to read, but often don't take the time to meditate on what the Word is saying to me.
I feel like I am ready to face my students with a new energy on Monday - which recently has not been something I've felt. God is truly refreshing me today as I sabbath in Him. If the sun has reached a point where it's shining on my balcony I am off to sit there and continue processing through the passages I read this morning. If not, there's a sunny spot in my living room where I can do the same thing. God bless, and praying for you today!
No comments:
Post a Comment