January 5, 2009

Drive Time...

I was thinking about driving trips - my personal favorite being the 5 hour drive home that I recently did twice (home and back) - and the things we do to entertain ourselves during the miles where there's nothing interesting to look at... So, my top 10 list of favorite things to do while in the car:

10. Talk to someone - if you are going to talk on your cell phone - use your ear piece!! It is easier to focus on the miles of road when you're chatting with someone.

9. Listen to music - the most obvious answer. However after about an hour or so my ADD kicks in and this becomes difficult or I tune it out completely which is never a good thing to let your mind wander while driving...

8. While listening to music - dance around as much as possible (move your arms and head) this tends to frighten other drivers and works well on the interstate.

7. If you're not dancing you're singing to the music... If your mouth stops moving your brain stops working...

6. Listen to Adventures in Odyssey. A lot easier to listen to than music sometimes - and it engages my brain... so the space out factor is a lot less....

5. Books on tape - same difference...

4. Make faces at other drivers... works best in strange cities, with little possibility of meeting up with the people you are making faces at

3. If you have it - Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Radio Show...

2. Boogaloo - a game I think my mother made up for me and my brothers when we were really little... since we were too little to play the real car game (and yes I still play even if there's someone else in the car)

1. %&#( ZITS!! Best car game OF ALL TIME!!! It's a family game - I believe that my Grandfather created it. I am amused at the reaction when someone rides with my family for the first time and all of a sudden three people point and yell 'ZITS' ... it is hard to play alone - but it entertains me...

No comments: