There are four things that Beth Moore wants us to realize about meanness from her Esther study...It's tough Being A Woman In A Mean World.
1. Meanness has a history
There is something deep rooted to stir it up - people always have a reason to be mean to others. They did something to you, your family, your ancestors, etc. In the story of Esther it is the story of the Amalekites and the Jews...
2. Meanness perceives a threat
If one is there or not. Mean girls are always afraid that there is going to be someone to 'take their place' I look at my junior high girls and there are days that it is like a scene out of the movie Mean Girls... girls are always 'oh so and so said that - well I need to get them before they get me'. So many days I wanted to pull my hair out because of what I saw. "Insecurity is at the heart of every rivalry."
3. Meanness spreads like a virus.
You can pass it down. Think of where Hitler got his hatred for the Jews, it was handed down. You can pass it around. It is so much easier to be mean around mean people. "Coming in contact with a mean girl raises up your own mean girl," said Beth Moore in her video over this topic. I know I've seen this in myself - if I am around mean girls I get to see the inner mean girl within myself. (It is not pretty!)
To see one of the definitions of a mean girl I just nodded my head in agreement. If you read this and comment - feel free to add to the list of what makes a mean girl.
Mean Girls...
...will let you hang with them as long as you remember it's all about them.
...will dig at other women, but will never admit to it.
... dress provocatively around other women's men.
4. Meanness is curable.
You don't always have to be mean. I constantly have to give that mean angry side of me over to God. It isn't easy, but it is necessary.
So, That is what has been on my mind this week as I studied Esther.
No comments:
Post a Comment