December 30, 2008

Friends and Turtles...

So, I was home for a week. It was great I got to see a lot of my VIP's. I got to see Sara, Sarah Nurenberger (I WIN!!) and Zach! I'm kinda sad that I didn't get to see Char and others of my favorites.

But the exciting thing is I got to spend time with EM!! That was about the best 2 hours in the car I've had since Thanksgiving. She is exactly what I thought she would be. Short, bubbly, random, has the same bounce from subject to subject that I do (which if you know that about me it's kinda scary to imagine two of us in the same car driving from Des Moines to Omaha...) She has a picture of the two of us... I tried to find my camera (that was left at my apartment... bugger all) otherwise I'm sure that we would have had a million pictures of the drive.

I'm glad to be in my own space again. However since I am planning on having Æbleskivers I have been cleaning my apartment to get it 'guest ready' that includes the turtle tank...

Gneiss and Granite Schist traveled home with me, and they've been in the travel crate for over a week, time to get them back into their aquarium... but they needed new terra (earth substraight stuff) I didn't like the wood chips they were on... there had to be something better. So I read up on it... what I've put in the aquarium this time looks more like real earth... we'll see if they like it...

They have one more move to make. They are moving to my classroom on Monday. I really hope that they don't hate me for all this moving they've been doing.

No comments: