December 28, 2008

Whatever Happened to Family Time?

I remember having breaks and Sundays to spend with my family. Yeah some Sunday afternoons I had soccer games (back when I pretended to play sports). But they were in the AFTERNOON!! I never had Sunday Swim practice... I never had practice on Christmas day - or Thanksgiving day... those days even the coach wanted to be with his family...

WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO FAMILY TIME??

Thing 1 had to leave both Thanksgiving and Christmas days for practice... What happened to our family eating waffles and opening our stockings on Christmas morning? What happened to staying in our P.J.'s all day?? Nope - Mom's all worried about getting him off... people get older traditions change... but really?? SMEGGING CHRISTMAS DAY PRACTICE???

Why is there no value put on spending this time with family?? If you have an answer to these questions I really want to hear it!

No comments: